Althea Dried Rose Box - Unboxing & Review

Hi beauties!

I may have taken longer than expected to compile this blogpost, but trust me this will be a good one!

Althea Korea (an e-commerce site for all things Kbeauty) sent me their exclusive beauty box called DRIED ROSE BOX, for the Fall season. I'm sure you have read about Althea since I have reviewed their beauty boxes in the past, but if you need an introduction, Althea beauty boxes are basically beauty boxes that are curated according to the theme. Each box usually cost approximately RM100+ and is usually worth about RM300 up to RM700(!!!). The great thing about these boxes is you get to preview each item before hitting the purchase button, and there won't be any potential bad surprises there (since you know what's in the box)!

So for Box #30 - Dried Rose box, it is a compilation of all things that compliment the Fall season - the colour DUSTY ROSE. There are a total of 5 + 1 items worth RM420 which costs only a mere RM116 (RM300+ savings!!). You definitely get a bang for your buck on this one if you love all things in pink!






So now that I've got the (now sold out) box in my hands, let's unbox it together!


Packaging

Althea's choice of courier to Malaysia is SkyNet, and it arrives within 1-2 weeks once payment is completed. I usually receive mine within 5-7 working days as I live in the city.

The exterior packaging is hot pink and inside comes a pastel pink Althea box with bubble wrap.





The beauty items inside are also bubble wrapped with care and the empty spaces of the box are filled with tissue paper (which I discarded after receiving, thus not in pics).

So there you have it, the 6 products in the Dried Rose box.
Scroll down to learn more about each one!


#1 With Shyan Nail Lacquer Solid Line in Hello Autumn 





What It Is:
A romantic rose brown nail lacquer with a glossy finish and claims to be long lasting like a gel polish without the hassle of UV lamp.

What I Like About It:
The colour flatters my skin tone, even more so especially during the Fall season right now! If applied correctly, it can last on my toes for up until a month!
I also like that this bottle comes in a generous size of 15ml, which could last me for a very long time 💖




#2 A.Concept Water Cheek Blusher in Kiss Me





What It Is:
A liquid blusher that comes in a nail polish packaging in a generous size of 10g!

What I Like About It:
I love how lightweight this liquid blusher is, it is very easy to blend out with my fingers! Since it is so easy to blend (which is quite rare for liqiud blushers), it is not time-consuming to apply, which is great especially for people on the go or even makeup beginners. The colour payoff is great as well, and lasts until the end of the day!




#3 Aritaum Satin Pencil Lip Lacquer in Dry Bouquet





What It Is:
A dusty rose lip lacquer with an ergonomic ultra slim pencil tip applicator for precise application, infused with shea butter and jojoba oil, which leaves a semi matter finish.

What I Like About It:
The applicator tip!
This is actually a liquid lipstick with a creamy texture and the applicator makes it very easy to apply!
I usually make boo-boos during liquid lipstick application but this fine tip makes it all easier, like seriously! 
Also the colour is a universally flattering shade that goes with almost any makeup look!




#4 Etude House Play Color Eyes Wine Party Eyeshadow 









What It Is:
Pigmented and long wearing, wine-inspired eyeshadow palette!

What I Like About It:
Its pigmentation! I usually shy away from Asian eyeshadows because of its poor colour payoff and blendability, but this palette really got me off-guard! The swatches on my arm in the pics above prove its great colour payoff. Also the names of the shades are so quirky, it's so fun to work with them while creating looks!




#5 BareBlanc Moisture Lock Foundation in #23




Two lines drawn with black eyeliner (before).

Left side bare skin; Right side covered one layer of BareBlanc Moisture Lock Foundation.

What It Is:
Moisturizing foundation that comes in a compact and a puff for easy application. It contains water capsules to give a dewy Korean look and claims to have anti-aging, brightening and UV protection benefits.

What I Like About It:
This is a sheer coverage foundation which covers minor imperfections such as uneven skin tone. This will be great if you are looking for a natural finish base, especially on warm humid days.




#6 Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Care Sample Kit (Free Gift)



What It Is:
This Innisfree line targets pore-blems by controlling excess sebum and minimizes enlarged pores.

What I Like About It:
How effective these are. I've always liked using Innisfree Super Volcanic Mask, so these deluxe size skincare samples are great to test out on acne days. So far, they don't irritate my sensitive skin and the full size price isn't too bad at all for a repurchase!














Dried Rose Makeup





A makeup look I created using all the products from this Dried Rose Box. If I were to choose my fave product of the box, it would definitely be the Etude House Play Color Eyes Wine Party palette. As I mentioned, the pigmentation of the Etude House eyeshadow really exceeded my expectations and seeing this product alone costs more than RM100, this box is such a GREAT BUY!




*




BAD NEWS
Unfortunately this box is SOLD OUT and Althea will not be restocking it once it runs out.


GOOD NEWS
Althea comes out with a brand new beauty box every few weeks, so keep your eyes peeled on their website / Facebook for new announcements!


Follow Althea Korea if you're a SERIOUS KBEAUTY junkie!
Facebook Althea
Instagram @altheakorea


Comments