Fire & Ice Facial @ Regen Clinic Penang

Last month in November, I was posted to Penang for 2 weeks for work training (bf is opening an F&B outlet soon and I'm helping out!) and my job involves being in the kitchen for at least 9 hours a day.

Being in a new environment with different humidity really brought out the worst of my skin! My pores were beginning to get clogged by sweat and the hot/wet environment certainly did not help.

I was used to wearing makeup every time I'm out of the house but this time, things did not go well for me. Instead, makeup caused me to breakout badly and I needed a solution ASAP because the huge cystic acnes on my face were making me depressed (seriously). I could say that those 2 weeks were the worse acnes I struggled with in my life.

Luckily for me, somehow Regen Clinic approached me and I told them about my acne problem. I quickly made an appointment to schedule in a consultation session and they recommended their *new* facial - FIRE & ICE.



Pictured with me is Dr Tan Huey Shin.

FIRE & ICE FACIAL

A little background on the name, this is an Innovative Facial by iS Clinical generates tingling heat with a chemical peel (Fire) and a soothing mask to cool down (Ice).


It is an intensive clinical treatment which designs to rapidly and safely resurface the skin, reducing fine lines and wrinkles while smoothing, softening and encouraging cellular renewal. Excellent for all skin types and ages, this facial results in a complexion that is dramatically refined, with no downtime, peeling, or other negative side effects.


It’s known in LA as the “Red Carpet Treatment” for its instant brightening, tightening and smoothing effects. Apparently, it’s the secret weapon in the beauty arsenal of some of Hollywood’s top names, including Halle Berry and Gwyneth Paltrow. 


THE FIRE




After cleansing my face, the "Fire" mask is applied using a brush. The mask is actually a mild peel using 18% glycolic acid and retinol to remove the top layer of the epidermis. It loosens the cellular cement and creates superficial trauma to the skin to boost collagen production. The mask may itch, tingle or feel hot.

As for me, I first thought that the pain is tolerable but when the mask first had contact upon my skin, it felt like red HOT chili all over my face! I tried to calm myself down, thinking that it will subside but throughout the whole five (long) minutes, the pain becomes stronger and stronger. The sides of my nose really felt the burn and tears started rolling down my cheek.

I've always thought I have tolerance for pain but apparently this is almost scary. I'd rate the pain level 8 out of 10. However the doctor said that the reactions vary from person to person so perhaps since I have sensitive skin, the "burning sensation" felt extra hot and tingling.

Hands down, the most painful mask.
Beauty is pain, indeed.
But not to worry, NOT everyone experiences this.
Different chemicals in our bodies react differently to this mask, therefore do not be alarmed!
I'd only breath a word of caution to people with sensitive skin.


THE ICE


This comes the better part. The "Ice" mask will neutralize any discomfort that the "Fire" mask put you through. It is made of skin-plumping hyaluronic acid alongside herbal antioxidants and soothing aloe vera. The Ice mask honestly has a calming effect because it smells minty. This is the part when you can start to relax and take a power nap. The soothing music played in the background does set the mood nicely.




AFTERMATH



Though the pain of the "Fire" mask was still lingering around, my therapist was there with me throughout the whole thing and she helped calmed and assured me. My face was also injected with acne injection to immediately reduce the swelling thus my skin had a few rough patches right after the facial.



AFTERCARE 


After the facial, Dr Tan gave me some product samples from iS Clinical and Regen Clinic acne gel to help calm my skin for the following week. I thought the samples will not be able to last me but seriously a little goes a long way. I specially love the Active Serum and Hydra-Cool Serum because it makes my skin really smooth after appication and my skin began to heal by itself within the next few days.



BEFORE & AFTER


Left: 1 day post-facial // Right: 10 days post-facial

MY SKIN IS NOW COMPLETELY CLEARED!!!
 
With diligent basic skincare routine, my skin is now back to normal and at its OPTIMUM!
I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER
:')

So so so happy, you have no idea!

Therefore I'd urge anyone of you experiencing horrible acne issues to get your fix with Fire & Ice Facial at Regen Clinic Penang immediately!

It worked for me, evident in picture above.
No edits, no photoshopping away the pimples, etc.
I took the pics raw with my iPhone camera.





PROMOTION

Quote "RegenMYU" for special price!

RM280 First trial  (NP RM450)
RM3,456 for 12 times (that's RM288 per month if you're using it once per month next year!)

LOCATION






Regen Clinic is located in George Town, Penang, Malaysia offering a range of general medical aesthetic and cell regenerative services for the face, scalp and knee.

The clinic was established in 2015 and treatments are delivered by Dr Tan H.S. a medical graduate from the I.M Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University in Russia, who has a Diploma in Aesthetic Medicine (AAAM) from the American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine, United States. Dr. Tan speaks a number of languages, including English, Malay and Chinese.

Regen Clinic offers a range of non-surgical skin rejuvenation & aesthetic treatments, from simple facials, to Face lifts, Botox and Dermal Fillers. 

Regen Clinic uses the latest medical and scientific advances in our regenerative services, such as platelet rich plasma and hyaluronic acid – both found naturally in our bodies and which are responsible for cell and tissue repair, renewal and growth. Dr Tan Specializes in using Platelet Rich Plasma & Hyaluronic Acid treatments for regeneration of aging knee joints to prevent knee surgery. Dr Tan also utilizes Platelet Rich Plasma & Hyaluronic acid for Anti Aging Skin Regeneration, Lifting and Wrinkle reduction.

From skin regeneration to osteoarthritis knee regeneration, these treatments help to improve pain, mobility and trigger the healing process. PRP is also an effective treatment when combined with mesotherapy for hair loss, scar revision and skin rejuvenation.

You may refer pricing here.


Regen Clinic
Ground Floor, 27D, Jalan Gottlieb, George Town, Penang, 10350, MY
Open Daily 10am-7pm, except for Tuesdays & Public Holidays.
Call / Whatsapp +6010 982 1931
Facebook Page Regen Face


*


If you're still wondering whether you should try this, well... I can vouch that this facial is really WORTH EVERY PENNY. Forget those Groupon / cheap facials, choose a QUALITY one that WORKS. Don't take your skin for granted because we only have one face, afterall. 


Do quote my name to get a better discount!
(I don't earn anything from you. Though this facial is sponsored, I do not earn any commission whatsoever. I'm just merely sharing my experience here for you, so that you have a great option to solve your skin problems!)

Comments