Review: Mary Kay Gel Semi-Matte Lipsticks + MK Dream Beautiful Contest!



Lipsticks... Lipsticks... Wouldn't you get enough of them?

My weak spot is lipsticks and I don't think you have any idea on how many I've collected them over the years!

This round I'm going to review the latest collection of lipsticks by Mary Kay.



*NEW* 8 bold shades:
Bashful You, Rich Truffle, Mauve Moment, Always Apricot,
Powerful Pink, Poppy Please, Midnight Red and Crushed Berry.






An Introduction
Now, I'm not one to pick up lipsticks from a "direct selling" company, just because I don't really find the concept of it appealing. However, since lipsticks are always pleasant - I thought to myself - why not?

These new lipsticks focuses on 3 unique selling points -


Gel Formula
The lightweight formula glides on smoothly and cushions lips, leaving them feeling soft and supple. Plus, it’s formulated to provide a soft-focus effect, with optical diffusers included to scatter light and blur the appearance of minor imperfections.

Semi-Matte Finish
Advanced “Cushion Matrix Technology” utilizes ultrafine silica microspheres to embed and retain colour on the surface of the lip. Mary Kay® Gel Semi-Matte Lipstick contains ingredients, such as sunflower oil and jojoba esters, to help condition lips. Pigments are milled for 24 hours for an ultrafine, smooth colour.

Bold Colours 
Modern and cool, these eight new colours are the hues you love and the shades of this season — and the next. Bashful You, Rich Truffle, Mauve Moment, Powerful Pink, Always Apricot, Poppy Please, Crushed Berry and Midnight Red match both the trends of the moment and your closet classics!


Mary Kay Gel Semi-Matte Lipstick will be available starting 1 st August 2016 onwards and priced at RM55.


Lipstick Swatches

Bashful You

Mauve Moment

Powerful Pink

Midnight Red




My Experience

As promised, the lightweight gel formula glides on smoothly and cushions lips, leaving my lips feeling soft and supple. Application was a breeze (no tugging or pulling everywhere) and I like that these colours are really pigmented. Just one layer of lipstick is definitely enough to finish my look! I like the fact that I do not even need a lip liner for these lipsticks. A definite WIN in my books!

As for longevity, I realize that I do not need touch ups throughout the day. The only reapplication needed is after I have my meal or sipping a full glass of coffee. I don't find my lips being chapped or flaky (gosh I hate it when that happens!) especially after I reapply my lipstick.

I also gotta mention about the packaging of the lipstick - I personally think it's classy! It comes in a sturdy black plastic tube with a clear-top window, which makes finding my favourite shade in a jiffy! The whole outlook of the lipstick reminds me so much of Giorgio Armani's too (so that's how it has the "high class" feeling!~)

I have been reaching these lipsticks a lot in the past month. Compared to my other cream lipsticks, this one is the most hydrating and long lasting. I reach for them more often than my MAC lipsticks (no joke)!

My personal faves out of the 4 shades I have is Mauve Moment and Midnight Red. I go for Mauve Moment whenever I'm reaching for a muted natural shade while I go for Midnight Red whenever I need a little something edgy.

Who knew lipsticks from a multi-national direct selling company would be this good!
Which brings me to mention about the current contest they are holding...

......




Win a trip to Hong Kong for the Grand Finale in 2017!


The Mary Kay Asia Pacific 2016 Dream Beautiful Contest is now open! In its fourth year, the glamorous beauty contest is a regional makeover competition celebrating the making of Asia’s next modeling star and makeup artist talent.

Mary Kay believes in the numerous possibilities of a woman and her dreams. The Dream Beautiful Contest encourages women to discover their beauty by teaming up with Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultants - and to achieve their dreams with Mary Kay!






Be the “You” You Were Meant to Be
The competition is set to draw thousands of pairs from 9 countries across Asia Pacific, including Australia, China, Hong Kong, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, and Taiwan. Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultants enter the contest with her customer as a pair, initially competing with others in the local market contest, before winners from each country converge in Hong Kong for a glamorous weeklong regional Grand Finale in March 2017.



The contest begins 1 July 2016 till March 2017.
Follow the competition and get inspired at:

Contact your Independent Beauty Consultant today at 03-7711 7500 to get a
FREE Makeover and join the contest or visit www.mkdreambeautiful.com /
www.marykay.com.my to find out more.






Let me know if you have tried anything from Mary Kay! I would love to know what's good so that I can try out next :D

Comments