Review: SK-II Facial Treatment Oil


My complexion after one month of using SK-II Facial Treatment Oil.



To be frank, this is my first time ever using a facial oil. Facial "oils" generally scare me to death because I previously broke out badly to cleansing oils (with a very well-known cleansing oil, in fact). I was a little hesitant to put this near my face but the brave soul in me took the plunge and tried it on anyway (it's by a reputable skincare brand so why not)!





I was taught how to use this correctly by the SK-II consultant at Parkson 1 Utama. She told me since I have sensitive skin, I can start with using 3 drops instead of the recommended 5-7 drops and see how well my skin reacts to it. From then on, I can increase the dosage as I please.

The SK-II Facial Treatment Oil bottle comes in 50ml size, which was pretty small as compared to my existing Facial Treatment Essence (215ml) and I thought it was very convenient for travel. The solution in the bottle comes in two phases: oils (top layer) & Pitera™(bottom layer). It is created with a unique Golden Ratio and infused with lovely Lavender fragrance and Carrot Heart notes.


The product becomes one cloudy mixture after shaking it.


When you first untwist the cap, you could find a unique stopper to prevent from product excess, which I think is very clever and absolutely necessary for oil products. 3 drops is all I need for full face coverage.





The next step is to warm the oil in my palms by holding them together for a few seconds before patting and massaging onto my face.








Recommended Usage:
After Facial Treatment Essence and Before Serums.

My Take on SK-II Facial Treatment Oil

First Impression:
A little hesitant but what-the-heck, it's SK-II!
I love the fact that the bottle is compact, a little goes a LOOOOONG way. I have been using this for one month now and the above shows how much product is left (90%)!!! The stopper is extremely useful, especially from not going overboard with the oil drops and I think 3 drops is great for beginners. If you are a frequent facial oil user, just massage in 5-7 drops straight away!
The scent of lavender is really relaxing and I take one deep inhalation before placing the oil onto my face.

Application:
As I place the oils onto my palms, it is really non-greasy (surprise, surprise!) and it makes application really mess-free! I also appreciate the fact the oil is light and it absorbs easily into my skin. It takes less than a minute to apply my whole face.

Results:
After one month, I think my skin has yet to visibly see vast improvements, but then again to be fair, I have only used 10% of the bottle. I'm liking the fact that my dry and highly sensitive skin can handle this facial oil really well, unlike the previous time when I broke out horribly to a cleansing oil. Honestly, I used to fear ANTI-AGING and WHITENING product of any sort because my skin is highly sensitive to potent ingredients of that sort. That was last year though. This year, with added knowledge of using products PROPERLY, my skin seemed to be more tolerant (or is it a sign that I'm getting older and my skin is need of help already?) to these type of products.


My growing stash of SK-II products.


This facial oil is pretty new, only launched in Malaysia early January this year. It retails at RM535 for 50ml (it's going to last me for at least 6 months at the rate I'm going lol).
For more info on SK-II Facial Treatment Oil, please visit SK-II Malaysia Facebook Page and Website.


Comments