Sally Hansen Miracle Gel 2.0 Launch & Review


My nails have always been in perfect manicured condition thanks to my long time nail partner, beeQnails. However sometimes my nail colours do chip and come off eventually before my next appointment and it frustrates me to no end. I dislike seeing my nails "naked" thus I sometimes find myself putting on a layer of colour to enhance my nails appearance.

So when I got an invite to see Sally Hansen's latest "Miracle Gel Top Coat", I was excited! It has been said that it doesn't need that special UV light in order for the nails to set.

This innovative nail polish top coat is the latest offering from Sally Hansen’s extremely successful Miracle Gel Collection, which was launched in 2014 and has since been hailed as the most buzzed- about at-home nail system and the closest thing to a salon gel manicure at home. 

Apparently, this Miracle Gel delivers up to 14 days of lasting color and shine. This is so awesome because normal nail polish could only last few days before chipping off from my fingernails! Also the great part about this is it delivers twice the volume to a manicure, which automatically means your nails are protected AND creating dramatically fuller-looking nails with a high-gloss, mirror-shine finish!

The best part of this gel nail polish is.... it can be easily removed with regular acetone-based nail polish remover, without having to be filed, chipped or scraped off!! So much time saved!!





So on Event Day...

From Left to Right:
#110 Birthday Suit
#160 Pinky Promise
#410 Wet My Thistle
#240 B Girl
#270 Street Fair
#190 Pinky Ring
#290 Grey Matters
#210 Pretty Piggy
#320 Short Cir-Cut
#330 Redgy
#380 Malibu Peach

We got to try the full range of Sally Hansen Miracle Gel nail products, which comprises of Miracle Gel Color Coat in 11 colourful shades, and the New Miracle Gel Top Coat.

To coincide with the launch of the Top Coat, Sally Hansen also announced the release of three (3) Limited Edition Duo Packs, each pack pairing the new Top Coat with one of three summery hues: Blue Hue (a subdued, milk-glass blue), Geo-Mint-Ric (a vibrant spearmint), and Block Party (a tigerlily-orange, tinged with coral).




We had polaroids taken, a mini manicure makeover session and some refreshments thereafter.


Abrupt focus towards my OOTD because I really loved the pieces I wore that day!



OOTD
White Shirt & Graphic Skirt // Love & Bravery
Bag // Topshop
Shoes // Melissa


Product Review






First Impression
They come in glass bottles, which automatically spells lux! I like the fact that they took the extra mile to seal the bottle with airtight clear plastic so that I'm assured that no one else has opened my bottle prior to this. The top cover reads "No Light / Sans Lampe", which is pretty straightforward that it is indeed a Gel Colour with no UV light necessary.

Results
The colour comes out as very sheer in my opinion, that you may need at least 2-3 coats for full coverage. In total, I used 2 coats of colour and 1 top coat on my toenails for the colour #240 B Girl. The gel lacquer dries up pretty fast (about 5-10 minutes each application)

Thoughts
I thought that this gel colours are not much different than your regular nail polish. I only manage to point out that the difference is in the thickness of the final outcome. It is definitely NOT comparable to salon grade gel polish because real gel polish is so much thicker and and will not budge until after one month. I say this because my toenail colours did budge after I wore my running shoes and ran vigorously on Day 2. So I would conclude that this product hasn't reach the standard that is comparable to salon-grade gel polishes.

Price & Availability
The Sally Hansen New Miracle Gel Top Coat will be available beginning in December 2015, at Watsons, Guardian, Sasa Malaysia, Caring and Parkson outlets, for RM36.90 each. 
The Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Limited Edition Duo Pack will be available beginning in December 2015 exclusively at Watsons, for RM52.90 each.


Have you tried Sally Hansen's Gel Miracle? Let me know your thoughts in the comment section as I would love to know about them!

Comments