LATEST UPDATE: I'm a #BeautyBoundAsia Malaysia National Finalist!

The most exciting news just got delivered to me when I was just casually browsing through BeautyBoundAsia's website two weeks ago - 
I GOT INTO THE NATIONAL FINALS!

I wrote about it not too long ago and by now I have attended the final workshop in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia! I'm really impressed that some of the contestants came all the way from different states, to continue their journey in being the Next Top Beauty Creator.

Here's some pics from the event, a short video will be up next week because I was so busy shooting and editing TWO CHALLENGE VIDEOS this week *phew*
Scroll down towards the end to catch a glimpse of my work!





Agenda of the day.
I was so bummed out they didn't set aside time for lunch because I skipped breakfast, which made me super starving by the lunch time!



Our emcee was once again Lee Yvonne, from the first workshop.


And this is a rep from YouTube - Ms Tu Nguyen.
She was the first one that scouted me and encouraged me earlier this year to start my own YouTube channel!

After that, we were separated into 3 groups, to be rotated around for different workshops. I was placed in Group 1, and we were told to go ahead for the makeup hackathon challenge first OMG!!!


And this is me in my 30 mins makeup challenge slash hackathon!!!
We were told to bring our own skincare and makeup tools to generate our own makeup (no theme was given) and this is what I came up with -



I sorta had purple brows, inspired by Kristen Leanne (Beauty YouTuber) and used my blue mascara by Benefit They're Real range.

Moving on, our next session was with Khir Khalid, a renowned Malaysian makeup artist and he gave us tips for skincare and makeup, to be used in our next video challenge - the #NoMakeupMakeup Tutorial.



We also had the opportunity to sit down and had a casual chat session with EH Magazine Managing Editor, Izza Safinaz. It was really interesting to know what goes on behind the magazine, how they select their content and what they find newsworthy. She cites that they gain inspirations from Fashion Week from the four major cities to get creative with their beauty sections.

And lastly, before we called it a day, we were briefed of our next two video challenges (we are only given exactly ONE WEEK to produce)!!! And we get to take back home a HUGE goodie bag on the way out.




Here with fellow Beauty Bounders!

If you would like to know what was in our goodie bag, watch the next video to find out!



And here is my submission to be in the running to represent Malaysia!
I do see a lot of good videos out there too, so please support me on my journey by giving this video a thumbs up, and SUBSCRIBE!
(It means a lot even with just one like because I spent so many hours making this hehs)



Check me out on my other social platforms!

FACEBOOK // http://www.fb.com/gracemyumyu
INSTAGRAM // http://instagram.com/gracemyu
TWITTER // http://twitter.com/GraceOon
SNAPCHAT // @GraceMyu

See you guys soon!

Comments