3 Tips to Keep Your Make Up in Place

Ever since I started working full time 3 months ago, I realized that I don't have the luxury of having ALL my beauty products next to me. Usually, I only will be out for a few hours to run errands or attend events before committing to a full time job, BUT now I am out constantly for 10-12 hours daily and I find my makeup melting by the end of the day!
(=・ェ・=?

Because of that, I realized I needed to spice up my routine, to ensure my makeup can sustain for at least 10 hours. Here are a few make up tricks for women that I learnt from a make up artist and I have since incorporated them into my pre-makeup routine, so that my make up stays in place until the end of the day.



1. Cleanse - Tone - Moisturize


Every time before you apply your make up on, make sure to wash your face properly with cleanser. This is to allow you have a clean slate and feel fresh from dirt or face oil. (Also make sure your cleanser is suitable for your skin type! Dry for dry, oily for oily, etc.) After you had washed your face, apply your usual toner then moisturizer for it to absorb into your skin before putting on makeup. A damp moisturized skin makes it easier for your make up to stay on. 
Currently using: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream for Chronic Dry, Sensitive Skin and Kiehl's Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol-Free Toner



2. Prep skin with primer


Primers are made to hold your make on for a long period of time. It may be expensive but there is nothing in splurging for a primer base to have an amazing make up look everywhere you go. Besides, you do not need to apply much as with only a few dabs you are good to go. Primer really helps to make your eyeshadow colour stay on with ease. 
Currently using: Benefit POREfessional (HG!), NYX HD Eyeshadow Primer (can rival Urban Decay Primer Potion, no joke!)



3. Long lasting products
Have you realized that some make up items in the market promote long lasting effect?
Yes, they might cost a little more than the usual make up products but it is definitely worth it! The common products formulated to last for long hours are lipsticks, foundations, waterproof mascara and eyeliner. Use these types of products to avoid having to touch up every single hour and appear spectacular. I also strongly believe in keeping my foundation coverage as minimal as possible to prevent smudging!
Currently using: Dior Nude Air Serum Foundation, Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation, Benefit Roller Lash Mascara


I hope you girls gain some insights on having long lasting make up! If you have any more, feel free to share with me in the comment section! :)

Pic Credits: Cetaphil, Niusnews.com, CanadianFashionista.net

Comments